Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Travels

I'm both a vagabond and a home body, feeling content roaming afar and equally so enjoying my familiar surroundings.  Each time I leave home I yearn for more travel, and each time I return home I am loathe to leave my creature comforts!  Such a conundrum.

Some of my recent ventures have been:

IMG_0015

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In a PRIUS - we have driven across 3 states and back, combo if highway and local and have averaged 46 mph.  Pretty awesome.

IMG_0007 

To eat at the famous (for hamburgers) REDAMAK'S.

Crane's

Visiting Crane's Pie Pantry for the worlds best raspberry pie.

spa day

Enjoying a Spa Day at Bella Vita after Yoga class.

seymour

Staying at a B&B with the most hearty home cooked breakfasts.

clearbrook country club

Enjoying a meal and the atmosphere at Clearbook Country Club.

wed

Attending a wedding...

lake

On the bluffs of Lake Michigan...

pedro

Visiting family and making new friends.

gramps

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Taking Gramps (handsome devil) to Jarrsma's Bakery in Pella for a Dutch Letter!

bakery1

And a puff, pillow, and a cream horn!

baked goods

Pretty perfect!

1 comment:

Rick Rockhill said...

Wow you do get around! I also enjoy travel but am ALWAYS grateful to return home to my own bed and creature comforts. Keep up the travel blog coverage, its so nice to look back on it down the road.