Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Ban Thai

What better way to end a perfect holiday weekend then a delicious meal with a special somebody at a favorite local spot...

I tend to enjoy the ambiance of the privately run places over the chains.  The place is wonderfully decorated with imported objects, the staff is dressed in traditional attire, and the background music will have you feeling like you have left the country.  This family owns 2 places:  The Chiang Mei in St. Pete and Ban Thai in north county:

1100 Central Ave
St Petersburg, FL 33705

2519 N McMullen Booth Rd # 505 at the N/E intersection with Enterprise,
Clearwater, FL 33761, (727) 724-2992‎ - Ban Thai does take away and sushi

I wish I were a vegan, but the Amazing Beef if just too good - I must succumb to it's powers over my tatebuds!

When there I was lucky enough to witness the monks, praying/chanting and performing a blessing.  For a fun outdoor adventure, visit the Thai Temple on the other side of Tampa (near Brandon).

Really should have a photo for you - you will have to go see it for yourselves.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been there, love all Thai food but my fave is Amarit in the Target Boot Ranch area.
Are you looking for me? Call me or email me or whatever...I leave on Thursday. Thanks for the Origami paper. Connor is very happy now. So I'll just look forward to hearing from you. Be good while I'm gone.
laj