Saturday, November 1, 2008

Hair by Jay at Salon Allure

Life is good when it's a good hair day, and i am indebted to Jay (a/k/a "Blow-J") for that. 
 IMG_0005 He has been doing my hair for a decade now - hard to believe.   I found him thru word of mouth referral (always the best way to find services in my experience - and i have been known to stop people on the street and ask who does their hair...), after my prior haircutter (not used to working on naturally curly hair) decided to use a razor on me (razor + curly hair = frizz) for the first and last time. 
Most women will agree that finding a new stylist is a major, and often traumatic event in their lives. I had moved and had little choice, but I can spare you from the same experience.  While i do not color, i can testify to the fact that he does amazingly natural looking color.  He loves long hair, so do not be fooled by my short 'do - I had to beg and plead for it and he's working on convincing me to grow it back but i love my short do way too much!!! 
If you find yourself in need of a haircut or new style for the holidays, go see Jay.  He is funny, easy on the eyes, and YES ladies - SINGLE!
Salon Allure is located at 26133 US Hwy 19 N. Ste 107 Clearwater This is at the intersection with Enterprise Road in the plaza with TGIF south of the mall and north of Fresh Market.
I am lo maintenance and he gives such a good cut it grows out so well for so long i only need to go a couple times a year...When you visit tell him Cathy said to say hello to 'Blow-J' and maybe you will get the story behind the inside joke....

2 comments:

Rick Rockhill said...

One time my mom went to her usual salon and asked for a "quick Blow J" because her hair was messed up and she was headed to a party. Once the words were out of her mouth she realized what she had said. Of course, everyone in the salon was rolling...

Anonymous said...

Yo! A stylist who loves long hair! My wife has not been to a hair salon in 7 years because I trust no one to trim her beautiful long hair except myself. Too many horror stories. Long hair rocks on women!!